Wednesday 18 March 2009

Narrative project...done!


Firstly, I am going to say, I don't think the photographs do my 3 final brooches justice, as the images project a very 2D result. However the multiple layers produced using the lazercutter, create a depth that a plain image just doesn't have. All 3 brooches show the same image-a scantly clad lady, staring at (or perhaps lusting after!) a man smoking a cigarette. All use both acrylic-clear,mirrored and gold, backed with silver or have silver brooch fittings.

Brooch 1 -Black and clear acrylic layered and riveted.

Brooch 2-Gold Acrylic

Brooch 3-Mirrored Acrylic and Silver riveted.

So now to get my artist statement completed!...I'll pop it up when I'm done, hopefully it'll make sense!

Till Later x

2 comments:

Maria Maclennan. said...

Very noice indeed lady! The gold one's my fave! x

Becca McCallum said...

Ooh....shades of Hitchcock! I like.

(the presence in our house of the 18-dvd Hitchcock collection has not been affecting our studies in ANY WAY....)

Let's just say I am on a strict 1000-words a day schedule. Today I managed 788 words, which I think is ok for the first day, given that I was also revising somewhat.

I have my final piece of coursework EVER for the furniture module tomorrow - the dreaded Slide Test.

RE the D of J library, I checked it online, and they don't have any of the books I need, but I've managed to find some (reliable) online sources, so I'm alright at the moment.

We must catch up at some point after Easter, before exams et al. I will let you know the day that le Sachertorte is due to be made - make sure you have the saturday free and we'll have a bottle of something and you can crash here.

Are you going home for Easter? I'm not leaving until Easter weekend and I 'm soooo homesick. I want my mummy!